Client: Multinational Medical Device Company
Servo driven toothed belt drive indexing transfer system for contact lenses incorporating a new tray curing plate handling system to be retrofitted into the existing machinery
To design and build a retrofitted system that would improve process cycle time, reduce wasted product and reduce downtime.
- Tekpak designed and manufactured a new tray curing plate handling system which was retrofitted into an existing tray handling system.
- The system operated using a servo toothed belt drive indexing transfer system
- Several additional quality features were added which prevented the lenses from falling and detected any misplaced lenses
- Communication with the clients existing control system was achieved using Profibus DP communication protocols.
- Improved cycle time
- Reduced manual labour and engineer intervention
- Reduced waste