Join our team of Automation Engineers specialising in high-speed Robotic Automation.
Tekpak Automation specialises in the design, development, and manufacture of customisable high-speed end-of-line Packaging Machinery. We utilise the latest Robotic and Servo-Motion technologies to build complex cutting-edge Automated Machine Solutions. Our clients are industry-leading multi-national Pharmaceutical, Medical Devices and Food Manufacturers.
Why Work at Tekpak
We offer the chance to excel in a high-growth industry that demands tenacity, creativity, persistence, passion, and talent. If this sounds like something you’re interested in then please keep reading.
Team members enjoy the fast-pasted nature of collaborating on multiple highly complex projects simultaneously alongside industry professionals. We value hard work, accuracy, and creativity, which shows in our design solutions and the machines we manufacture. You will not just be a cog in the wheel at Tekpak. Everyone at Tekpak is highly valued for the contribution they make to the team and the end client. Our clients are held in the highest regard but without a professional and valued group of employees, the company could not have grown to where we are today.
We offer the opportunity to develop personally and surpass your expectations of what you can achieve. We encourage communication up, down and across departments. We are agile, adaptive and detail orientated. This helps us to move quickly, and be innovative while staying current with the latest technologies. With any company experiencing exponential growth, there are always opportunities for the right people to progress their careers to Technical Leads or Managers.
We also offer competitive salaries, on-the-job training, personal development, and paid travel opportunities. Health insurance & pension scheme are available after the qualifying period. We are also part of the cycle to work scheme and encourage sports and activities outside working hours.
Automation Engineer Responsibilities
The successful candidate will work as part of the automation team, be assigned to several simultaneous projects and be involved in the complete lifecycle from the software functional specification development to successful programming, implementation and testing.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Become a valued project team member that designs and builds high-speed packaging lines
- Development of Software Functional Specifications
- Involvement in the full cycle of the machine control system specification and programming
- PLC programming in accordance with the machine functional specification and User requirements PLC Ladder Logic and C++
Required Qualification and Experience
The ideal candidate would possess the following skills and attributes:
- Highly motivated, dependable, organised, and professional
- A third-level qualification in an Electronics Engineering discipline
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience, ideally in a machine building or similar automation environment
- High-level knowledge and experience in PLC programming
- Strong evidence of delivering results in a fast-paced operational setting
- Significant technical experience in a project-based business or as an exceptional graduate.
We respectfully ask Agencies – please do not contact us regarding this position.
This position qualifies under the Critical Skills Employment Permit rules in Ireland and assistance will be given by the Company in obtaining a Work Permit for successful candidates if they are currently residents outside UK or EU/EEA (UK/EU/EEA residents do not need a permit).