The Role: Design Engineer (Mechanical)
Tekpak designs and manufacturers customised Robotic pick and place systems and automated packaging lines for manufacturers of pharmaceutical, medical devices, baby nutrition and food products. Our purpose is to help our customers gain and maintain competitive advantage through Packaging Line Automation.
We succeed by analysing our customer requirements in detail, working with our customers to get the best solution, applying sound engineering practices to deliver the best technical solution with robust and reliable machines.
We are looking for Deign Engineer (Mechanical) ideally with 2+ years’ experience to join our Wexford based team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Wexford based with some requirement for travel
- Reporting to the Design Team Leader
- Engineering support to the project team
- Generation of 2D Layouts and 3D Models & Technical Drawing of complete mechanical assemblies
- Creation of documentation inputs for complete machine life cycle tractability, spare parts, Bills of Materials etc
- Focus on good engineering practice in application of mechanical design and technical drawing.
- Work as part of a design team; collaborate, contribute with a willingness to learn.
- Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Level 8 Mechanical Engineering qualification or similar
- 3D CAD modelling and drawing, preferably Solidworks
- Some knowledge of drafting standards and tolerancing an advantage
Work Experience & Skills
- Machine building, mechanics, maintenance
- Exceptional graduates considered
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Logical thinker
- Enjoys teamwork
Salary in line with experience and negotiable
Company pension scheme