Mechanical Design Engineer
Join our award winning Mechanical Design Team and achieve your career goals with Tekpak
Mechanical Design Engineer
Tekpak Automation specialises in the design, development, and manufacture of customisable high-speed end-of-line Packaging Machinery. We utilise the latest Robotic and Servo-Motion technologies to build complex cutting-edge Automated Machine Solutions. Our clients are industry leading multi-national Pharmaceutical, Medical Devices and Food Manufacturers.
Why Work at Tekpak
We offer the chance to excel in a high growth industry that demands tenacity, creativity, persistence, passion, and talent. If this sounds like something you’re interested in than please keep reading.
Team members enjoy the fast-pasted nature of collaborating on multiple highly complex projects simultaneously alongside industry professionals. We value hard-work, accuracy, and creativity and it shows in our design solutions and the machines that we manufacture. You will not just be a cog in the wheel at Tekpak. Everyone at Tekpak is highly valued for the contribution they make to the team and the end client. Our clients are held in the highest regard but without a professional and valued group of employees the company could not have grown to where we are today.
We offer the opportunity to develop personally and surpass your expectations of what you can achieve. We encourage communication up, down and across departments. We are agile, adaptive and detail orientated. This helps us to move quickly, be innovative, while staying current with the latest technologies. With any company experiencing exponential growth, there are always opportunities for the right people to progress their careers to Technical Leads or Managers.
We also offer a very competitive salary, on the job training, personal development, and paid travel opportunities. Health insurance & pension scheme are available after the qualifying period. We are also part of the cycle to work scheme and encourage sports and activities outside working hours.
Mechanical Design Engineer Responsibilities
The successful candidate will become a valued member of the mechanical design team and be responsible for multiple projects throughout the design lifecycle.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Detailed design using 3D CAD (SolidWorks)
- Working on new design solutions and/or making modifications and improvements to existing designs
- Development of the 2D Layouts through the Project Lifecycle from initial concept to final, as-built layout (AutoCAD)
- Preparation of detailed production drawings and their associated material lists
- Maintenance of the design database, ensuring all design drawings and concepts are centrally stored and appropriately identified
- Development of Technical Specifications
- Generating the inputs required for technical documentation to provide to clients
- Liaising with the customer throughout the project on engineering details
- Site visits to customer sites to verify and assess Design and Space Constraints and provide feedback to the team
- Specification of components and OEM machines
- Support to the Manufacturing & Operations Team
- Participate in DQ Reviews, preparation of documentation needed for FAT/SAT and customer training.
Required Qualification and Experience
- The ideal candidate would possess the following skills and attributes:
- Highly motivated, dependable, organised, and professional
- A third level qualification in a Mechanical Engineering discipline
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience. Ideally, your experience would be in the design of machine frames and mechanisms as applied to Pneumatic and Servomotor Controlled Automatic Machinery
- Strong evidence of delivering results in a fast-paced operational setting
- A high level of knowledge and experience in 3D design using SolidWorks (or we may consider experience with similar 3D CAD software if the candidate is able to learn SolidWorks at an accelerated pace)
- Proficient knowledge of 2D software package (AutoCAD)
- Significant technical experience in a project-based business or as an exceptional graduate
We respectfully ask Agencies – please do not contact us regarding this position.
This position qualifies under the Critical Skills Employment Permit rules in Ireland and assistance will be given by the Company in obtaining a Work Permit for successful candidates if they are currently residents outside UK or EU/EEA (UK/EU/EEA residents do not need a permit).